1) Did you enjoy the book? Why or why not? Were you engaged immediately, or did it take a while to get into it.
2) What is the main theme of the book. Are there other themes as well.
3) Describe Naya’s character at the beginning of the book. Include her personality traits, motivations and inner qualities. Did they change by the end?
4) Naya ventured out of her house to search for her friend, Valerie. When she encountered the broken elevator and was ready to give up, what made her keep going?
5) Discuss the other characters’ personalities. How have their pasts influenced their actions now. Describe the dynamics between them. Between each other and with Naya. Do they remind you of people you know? Which character did you connect with most?
6) Discuss the plot. Were you surprised by complications, twists & turns? Or was it predictable?
7) Discuss the book’s structure. The time line shifts back and forth from the past to the present. Does it effectively help the story unfold?
8) Since the author also has MS, did you find that her presence intruded into the story? Or did she successfully depict what it was like to be disabled. Did you learn about MS and disability in general? Did it change your perspective?
9) Was the ending satisfying or predictable? Did you feel there were any unresolved issues?
10) If you could ask the author one question, what would you ask?